Our client in the hospitality industry is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer. This position is responsible for all operations of a relaxation center including bed and breakfast and canteen. This role will be responsible for the profit and loss of the company. The General Manager will account for the needs of owners, employees, and guests. He is responsible for developing and implementing business strategies. His/her aim is to maximize revenue by developing and implementing sales, marketing, reservation, and revenue plans.
- Responsible for supervising the activities of all the departments and sets clear objectives.
- Plans activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model.
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales profits.
- Develop and implement an intuitive and effective marketing strategy to promote the company services.
- Communicate with guests when appropriate by welcoming them, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment renovation, etc.
- Inspects facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all departmental managers.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel,ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reportson a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for rooms division, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing apartment yield and revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Responsible for corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a B. Sc in Tourism, Business Administration or other related courses.
- About 10-15years in the hospitality industry, and about 2-3years of experience as a General Manager or other related managerial positions.
- Proven experience with clear track record of managing a hotel/service apartment.
- Must possess outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Should possess apt understanding of hospitality management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Should possess an outstanding leadership skill and pays a great attention to details.
- Working knowledge of MS office; knowledge of hotel management software is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a strong business mindset.
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Must be reliable with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.