Our client is in need of a Finance and Book Keeping Analyst. This role will be responsible for maintaining the company’s accounts, creating financial reports, and tracking key financial metrics. Responsibilities shall include recording daily financial transactions, updating a general ledger and preparing trial balances for perusal by accountants, maintaining and filing requisite documents for tax compliance, and producing financial reports to assist management in strategic decision-making. The candidate will also aid the team in certain business development activities including the creation of presentations, quotes and reports to be sent to potential and existing clients. Candidate must have strong attention to detail and be a clear communicator able to convey key findings clearly and concisely in presentation form. Accounting knowledge is essential.
- Create and/or update Bookkeeping policies and procedures defining how to accurately update the company accounts.
- Collate information from all bank accounts daily and update all line items in the company Quickbooks Online account.
- Create and track key financial metrics and KPIs.
- Track all financial compliance and taxation requirements and be knowledgeable on key requirements and deadlines the company must adhere to in its required regulatory filings.
- Generate invoices and track customer payments.
Analyst (Secondary responsibility)
- Create presentations and quotes to be sent to potential client.
- Create and update reports to be sent to existing clients.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,Financing or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ work experience bookkeeping (energy or power sector experience a bonus).
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative to work alone or with a team.
- Good personal presentation and professionalism.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.