Our client in the manufacturing sector is looking to hire a plant manager.
The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing all daily operations of the factory, supervising factory workers to ensure factory production targets are met. Reinforcing compliance with health & safety regulations to prevent accidents and injury and as well as developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day factory operations
- Screening, recruiting and training new factory workers.
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Create and Implement Machine Maintenance Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyze Factory Production Data and Devising Improvement Strategies as Necessary
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Ensure appropriate health and safety procedures are in place and rigorously applied.
- Analyze data to identify and resolve any issues.
- Schedule maintenance of the factory building and equipment’s
- Stay updated with latest factory management best practices and concepts
- Create and Enforce Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ proven managerial experience in dried fruits or food processing
- HND/BSC in Engineering/management or other related field.
- Working knowledge of factory & production processes and operations.
- Certifications in production, inventory management & quality control
- Working knowledge of industry-specific factory equipment and functionality
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong managerial & leadership skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft office application
As the Plant Manager, you’ll need to show:
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and organize work/activities
- Self-motivated, and Result- Oriented.
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- Ability to enforce compliance with health and safety regulations.
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
LOCATION: Sango -Ota /Abeokuta