Our client in the oil and gas sector is looking to hire a production supervisor in the Niger Delta Region. The production supervisor is responsible for the monitoring and controlling of gas production and utility systems to make sure that production targets are achieved. Also, ensures the implementation of maintenance plans in the production units of the company.
- Must develop, implements, and enforce operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality and revenue.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ensures that essential spare parts that will aid production are available
- Preparation and monitoring of maintenance costs.
- Managing and controlling the activities of production
- Ensuring the minimization of production losses.
- Making sure that the production plant, processes and equipment are working efficiently
- Perform verification of production output according to specifications.
- Supervises operational process and perform correct and concrete settings on all plant
- Oversees all production operations and solve production outages problems.
- Contributes to the order and cleanliness of the workstation and ensures compliance of the finished product.
- Ensure that the maintenance programs defined by the operations manager are appropriately executed.
- Application of operating procedures for maintenance of vital equipment specified by the organization
- Ensures, in conjunction with the Operations Manager, the backup stocks of spare part are in line with stocks specified by the company.
- Accurate maintenance of the equipment used during production.
- Structure in all units a precautionary maintenance plan in line with the operational guidelines.
- Preparation of budget to control expenses of the plant.
- Ensuring compliance with safety in each unit and professional standards according to the operating manuals of the company.
- Compliance with security and safety of the company.
- Creating a functional work permit within the unit.
- Transfers training received to his team and ensures operators in his units are qualified.
- Participates in risk analysis and ensures that work authorization is obtained even for routine maintenance.
- HND/B.ENG in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5years experience as a Production Supervisor and 3 years as a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Good communication skills
- Quality management system
- Good understanding of Health, safety, environment, and quality management.
- Good understanding of managing plants
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills