Our Client is luxury restaurant based in Abuja, looking to hire a Restuarant manager . This role is responsible for the overall operations for the kitchen and restaurant area, the purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and restaurant safety techniques. Successful candidate must ensure proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly.
- Responsible for correct food while ensuring food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Ensuring proper shift maintenance of kitchen staff, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are maintained and the kitchen well organized at all times.
- Responsible for communicating standards and cooking methods to staff, kitchen etiquette and safety standards.
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items
- Responsible for the storage of all food items.
- Ensures proper records of sales and all food production.
- Monitor and controls food portioning according to the approved standard.
- Responsible for preparing meals according to the approved recipe.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen and cooking utensils are kept clean.
- Ensures staff compliance kitchen etiquette.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Direct the operation and organization of the kitchen and all food-related activities, including portioning and presentation of food.
- Coordinates the activities of the kitchen staff.
- Responsible for making requisition of all kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper stock taking of items in the kitchen is taken.
- Dealing with daily stock orders and keeping a record of all consumptions at the kitchen.
- First degree in Hotel Management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a similar work environment
- Possess the ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Flexible and adaptable.
- Must possess good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable in planning of menu and portion control.
- Ability to understand and practice health and safety in the kitchen