Our client is a multinational from the automobile industry, This role takes ownership of the assigned retail branch within the organization to ensure exceptional customer service, a proactive sales environment, and profitable operation focuses on expanding existing relationships, developing new business within the local market, and increasing total market share. Will also ensure that company standards and procedures are followed and always maintained.
- Take ownership of the sales and revenue targets for the assigned branch.
- Take ownership of administrative, operational, and financial procedures and policies required for efficient day-to-day operations at the branch.
- Enforce and drive company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the opening and closing procedures at the entrusted branch.
- Develop and lead sales, marketing, and business development for an entrusted branch.
- Penetrate local market, actively work towards building new business relationships and growing market share.
- Responsible for maintaining and building existing business relationships.
- Manage debtor’s accounts at branch and collect outstanding amounts from corporate customers.
- Ensure daily sales reporting is done accurately and communicated timeously.
- Identify and communicate, stock and branch-specific requirements.
- Responsible for conducting daily, weekly, and monthly stock takes and reports.
- Ensure that all stock-on-hand reports are accurate and always kept current, bin cards vs pastel count vs physical count must match.
- Resolve stock discrepancies when they arise within the specified time.
- Communicate and resolve customer claims and complaints in an efficient and professional manner, escalation to top management is always required.
- Communicate staff requirements and shortfalls.
- Assist with daily staff and shift planning.
- Maintain monthly attendance at respective branch
- Act on unsatisfactory performance and behavior from direct subordinates and involve top management in all disciplinary actions and procedures.
- Any other duty as required by the line manager in line with the post.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the retail industry, experience in the automotive and or tyre industry is an advantage.
- 2 years of experience in holding management positions in the retail industry
- Degree or diploma in business or related fields.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, and management skills.
- Proven sales and business development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage income and expenses within an area of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to train employees in customer service, sales, operations, and product knowledge.
- Considerable knowledge within the retail industry.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving attributes.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate customer service and customer satisfaction commitment.
- Goal and target orientated.
- Ability to make decisions independently.