Our client in the Oil and Gas sector is looking to hire a Senior Engineer.
The individual will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout its life cycle, including the design of schematic drawings, for solar installations, installation monitoring, and post-installation support and maintenance. This individual must find and manage engineering teams across Nigeria to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to the highest standards whilst prioritising health and safety in the process.
- Work with the contractors to conduct site investigations and assess the technical feasibility of developing a solar
- Design solar solutions for clients including a full bill of materials and solar wiring diagrams.
- Source and manage solar installation contractor teams to install new systems to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Train installation contractor teams in multiple locations to expand reach across Nigeria (e.g. find and/or train teams in Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt etc.).
- Create processes for adequately monitoring installations remotely and diagnosing issues before the customer notices them.
- Plan the scope of work for new installations.
- Manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors’ work in all phases.
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project’s success.
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in Solar Solutions design and installation specifically.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary.
- Extremely organised – be able to manage multiple contractors and installations at once.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability.
- Proactive idea generator, constantly looking for ways to improve on existing functions, processes and technology to improve efficiency and deliver a better end-user experience.
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills and acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.