Our Client is looking to hire a competent tyre technician who will be responsible for providing quality services to internal and external customers and clients, adhering to company and safety procedures always, mounting and dismounting of tyres fitted on rims.
- All vehicle tyres are replaced where necessary and turned-on rims if wear is uneven to maximize TYRE use and longevity.
- Aligning customer vehicle on vehicle lift and alignment machine.
- Ensure that all parts and tyres are collected and received in a timely manner to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
- Carry out routine wheel nut checks, not only on customer’s request.
- Identify any worn-out components and notify the respective clients of findings.
- All areas of the workshop are kept in a condition of cleanliness that promotes a professional image of the department and meets health and safety standards.
- Maintain and clean workshop equipment on daily basis.
- Inform direct superior of any faulty equipment and requirements.
- If it is required that a vehicle needs to be lifted manually, ensure that all clients and customers remain at safe distance.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the tyre automotive industry
- Minimum of High School Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Understanding the process behind the fitting of a TYRE on the wheel
- Ability to operate a 3D wheel alignment machine.
- Liaise with team leaders and customers to ensure that tyres are replaced whenever they are required.
- Understand the terminology relating to wheel balancing and Alignment.
- Follow policy within the work area of the role and responsibility for maintaining the quality procedures relevant to the department.
- Responsible for maintaining all health and safety requirements and safe working practices within own working environment.
- Take part in all required training courses to obtain and maintain appropriate knowledge or skills in relation to effective performance.
- The role is workshop-based and involves daily physical work exerting moderate physical effort for most of the shift.