Our client is looking to hire an Utility Officer who has a very good knowledge of electrical equipment.
- Installing new utility lines and repairing existing ones, including digging trenches and pulling wires through conduit
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing power lines, towers, transformers, and other equipment used to transmit electricity
- Installing and repairing gas lines, furnaces, boilers, and other equipment used in heating systems
- Installing and repairing pipes used in plumbing systems, including water pipes, drain pipes, and sewage pipes
- Installing cable television equipment, such as wiring and amplifiers, in order to receive cable services for televisions, computers, or other devices
- Installing and repairing telephone equipment, such as telephone lines, jacks, and broadband equipment
- Testing electrical equipment, such as motors and generators, to ensure that they are working properly.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems in homes and businesses, such as wiring lights and outlets
- Installing and repairing home security equipment such as burglar alarms and security cameras.
- Excellent communication
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Understanding how mechanical systems work
- Associate’s degree or technical training in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand and power tools
- Strong attention to detail