- Develop a compelling vision and strategy for company’s data and analytic products, underpinned by market insight and a robust commercial understanding.
- Develop a clear, pragmatic and deliverable data product roadmap to ensure that the most critical capabilities and the products with the biggest commercial opportunities are prioritised, while existing products are optimised
- Manage the team to deliver that pipeline of products within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Work with the Data & Insights sales teams to move towards a more productled strategy, away from bespoke solution sales.
- Lead, manage and motivate a high performing team to deliver new products and services.
- Manage a capex, opex and cost of sale budgets
- Manage the overall relationship with a range of stakeholders from Business division leadership to consultants, agencies, development teams and partners.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to communicate to customers the benefits of company’s Data and Insights products.
- Manage a team of data scientists to ensure crucial operation work around the company’s data ecosystem is carried out to a high standard.
- Identify and initiate strategic partnerships and long-term market opportunities.
- Identify and work with key stakeholders in the wider business to put in place the enabling capabilities that underpin our data strategy.
- Work with our key B2B and B2C platform teams to identify data needs and opportunities and incorporate into their roadmaps.
- Identify data related startups within our investor portfolios or ecosystems that we should be leveraging or partnering with.
- Adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities and actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and regulations and ensure company’s adherence
- Effectively manage all available resources to support customers.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
You are here
Business Data & Insights Lead (expatriate role)
Our client is a data company that delivers the best route-to-market for consumer goods companies. This role is an opportunity for someone who has experience of working with data to create new products and services to drive growth in both existing and new sectors. Leading a lean team, the focus of the role will be on identifying new market opportunities and building products accordingly, as well as optimising the existing suite of data products in the company's retail supply chain portfolio.
- Must be a leader who can motivate and inspire a team of highly skilled people passionate about data.
- Strong and authentic communication, stakeholder management and collaboration with internal and external audiences to C-level
- An understanding of data assets available to FMCGs is a plus
- Track record of leading large-scale change and innovation via direct and matrix teams
- Experience of product and innovation developments utilising data (preferably in the B2B space)
- Thought leadership and gravitas in the subject of value creation from data
- Experience of working in partnership with large, small, public and private sectors orgs
- Knowledge of the legal, regulatory, customer and technical context for data and privacy
- Able to evaluate opportunities objectively based-on strategic & financial criteria
- Able to identify and address resource/capability gaps
- Strong polymath, assimilation and listening skills to make good business decisions quickly