- Responsible for correct food and kitchen elements being utilized while ensuring food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Ensuring proper shift maintenance of kitchen staff, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are maintained and the kitchen well organized at all times.
- Responsible for communicating standards and cooking methods to staff, kitchen etiquette and safety standards
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep. Techniques to insure speed and quality of menu.
- Responsible for the storage of all food items.
- Ensures proper records of sales and all food production.
- Monitor and controls food portioning according to the approved standard.
- Responsible for preparing meals according to the approved recipe.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen and cooking utensils are kept clean.
- Ensures staff compliance kitchen etiquette.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Direct the operation and organization of the kitchen and all food-related activities, including portioning and presentation of food.
- Coordinates the activities of the kitchen staff. Inventory
- Responsible for making requisition of all kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper stock taking of items in the kitchen is taken.
- Dealing with daily stock orders and keeping a record of all consumption at the kitchen
You are here
Catering Manager ( Abuja)
Our client is a service apartment hotel seeking to hire a Catering Manager. This role is responsible for the overall operations for the kitchen area. This person will, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining safety and cleanliness standards in the kitchen.
- First degree in Catering Management or similar degree from any reputable tertiary/ vocational institution
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and 3 years supervisory experience in a similar work environment
- Possess the ability to multitask.
- Should have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- flexible and adaptable.
- Must possess good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge in planning of menu and portion control.
- Ability to understand and practice health and safety in the kitchen.
- Possess an understanding of ingredients, produce and spices in terms of texture and taste.