- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses.
- Travel to jobsites to gather information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors.
- Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
- Evaluate a product’s cost-effectiveness or profitability.
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable.
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients.
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
You are here
Cost estimator/Procurement Officer
Our client is a leading engineering company whose core operations are POSM fabrication, merchandising Instore and outdoor branding, 3D design, exhibition system, large format, flatbed printing, lasser, dicutting and consultancy. They are currently seeking to hire a Cost Estimator/Procurement officer. Successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to manufacture their client's product.
- B.sc in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a cost estimator/procurement officer in a reputable agency in engineering/ furniture making company.
- Complaint handling and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establishes, and administers contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, and manages time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strong targets.
- Ability to use initiative to work alone with a team.