- Performs and coordinates all household cooking;
- Responsible for the preparation of Papa and Mama’s meals;
- Develops ,plans and introduces new menus upon request;
- Oversees the preparation of guest’s food;
- Prepares weekly kitchen shopping list;
- Liaises regularly with store keeper to ensure regular updates on stock list and stock level
- Ensures staff compliance kitchen etiquette
- Receive and store supplies.
- Make sure kitchen is hygienic and functional.
- Plan menus and estimate food requirements.
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures. Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Take responsibility for the use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. Managing kitchen staff to deliver on cooking
- Ensure weekly requests are forwarded to procurement officer for processing.