FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained..
- Funds Management
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for deb financing
- Invest funds
Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
Assist in the determination of product pricing in
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction