- Understand and interpret capital market rules
- Proffer advice on project and asset finance transactions as well as capital market transactions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret complex commercial agreements
- .Actively engage in transactional, joint venture, diligence reviews, document preparation and negotiations,
- Ensuring compliance with applicable national and international laws and regulations.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with minimal supervision,
- Draft and review finance and security documentation.
- Maintain an active network of Industry contacts, including trade associations, regulators and public authorities.
- Responsible for managing the Company’s Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships whilst managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to ensure harmonious working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly and in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship to juniors and work as a team with other Associates.
You are here
In House Commercial Lawyer
Our client is a real estate development company currently seeking to hire an In House Commercial Lawyer for their CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL Department
- Degree in Law from a reputable university
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification active experience in real estate and corporate commercial engagements.
- High level of interpersonal skills sufficient to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships, with senior contacts both internal and external.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Concise and precise drafting skills.
- Attention to details and effective time-management.
- The ability to remain confident.