- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs;
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget and obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Researching and installing new systems;
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensuring that users adhere to software licensing laws;
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- Securing data from internal and external attack;
- Offering users appropriate support and advice;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Mentoring and training new ICT support staff;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Ensure proper safety of all servers and IT equipment.
- Troubleshoot and provide instant solutions to the challenge
You are here
IT Manager, Logistics
Our client is a mid sized logistics company in lagis. This position is responsible and accountable for the smooth running of organization information systems within the limits of requirements,specifications,costs and timelines. The successful candidate will have advanced technical knowledge and keen interest in adapting and implementing industry’s best practice processes.
- Bsc in Computer Science, or similar field
- knowledge and expereince in the logistics industry will be an added advantage
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in internet management and trouble shooting
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- Communication and leadership skills
- At least 5 managerial experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel