- Plans activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model.
- Communicate with guests when appropriate by welcoming them, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment renovation, etc.
- Oversee the operations functions of the apartment.
- Ensure full compliance to the business operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Manage on-going profitability of the apartment, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Closely monitor the apartment business report on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Maximizing apartment yield and revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Responsible for corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
You are here
Operations Manager ( Lagos)
Our client is a hotel located in Victoria Island, Lagos. This position is responsible for all operations,providing and implementing developed strategies and services. The Operations Manager works very close with managers of the different departments. Successful candidate will accounts for needs of owners, employees and guests.
- Minimum of a B.sc in Tourism, Business Administration or other related courses.
- About 5-10years in the hospitality industry, as a Manager or other related managerial positions.
- Proven experience with clear track record of managing a hotel/service apartment.
- Must possess outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Should possess apt understanding of hospitality management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Should possess an outstanding leadership skill and pays a great attention to details.
- Must have good knowledge of Opera software and other relevant hotel soft ware.
- Working knowledge of MS office; knowledge of hotel management software is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a strong business mindset.
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Must be reliable with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Should have a good knowledge of sales and Marketing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.