Our client is a Solar Energy Company looking to expand its operations in Lagos and hence looking to hire a business development analyst to handle this role. This role will support the company’s continuous growth in existing markets. The candidate must be a savvy and articulate person, able to support the team in analyzing opportunities and creating pitch materials for potential new clients. The candidate must be a fast learner with strong attention to detail that is able to work independently to on all aspects of the business development process. Will also be heavily involved in researching and applying for funding including grants and debt. This role will require someone who can confidently walk potential clients through any pitch and highlight the company’s value proposition. Must be keen on industry research, with an ability to develop and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions & future trends
- Creating and delivering presentations and proposals to prospects & existing business partners
- Leverage & Identification of key commercial levers. Negotiate business deals & contracts with potential clients
- Develop business and marketing plans in coordination with CEO and marketing team to achieve revenue goals.
- Research and apply for additional funding opportunities (grants and debt)
- Assist in the company’s branding and media communication activities such as social media engagements, advertisements, marketing collaterals, and website.
- Respond to client queries in a timely manner.
- Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate a high volume of prospective clients.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
- Work with Executive Assistant in supervising the client relationship management database and utilize it to manage customer contacts and mailing lists
- At least a B.sc in Economics or Marketing or other relevant fields.
- 2-3 years work experience in sales and/or business development (energy or power sector sales experience a bonus)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to use initiative to work alone or with a team
- Outstanding customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Good personal presentation and professionalism.
- Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.