Our client is from the hospitality and tourism industry based In Lagos and looking to hire Kitchen Assistants: who will be assisting the Cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms. To be successful as a Kitchen Assistant, you should exercise exceptional time management and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Unloading deliveries from suppliers
- Preparation of basic food
- Organizing the storeroom
- Washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors, and walls.
- SSCE (Senior Secondary School Certificate)
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be living close to Lekki
- Preferably male for gender balance