We are looking for an procurement engineer to oversee market analysis and costing prior to purchase and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The officer’s responsibilities include , maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate stock records.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.